Application: Environments where control of body core temperature is essential to work safely and productively.
Fire-Safe® Cool Vest. One piece cooling vest with zip front closure. Elasticized sides adjust to body contour.
The Cool Vest needs to be activated in water before use. Immerse the Cool Vest in water for about 30 60 minutes. Wrap the Cool Vest in a towel to remove excess water or hang it in a well-ventilated place for 30 minutes before use.
Colour Black or sand. Size XL – 2 XL. Materials
Polyester and Polymer Gel.
Weight: Inactivated 0.25 kg., activated: 1.5 kg.
EN ISO 6940:2004 (Flame Retardant) and CE marked (Medical Use).
Hazard Assessments Increased body core temperature due to hot work environment or increased body activity. Product Comments
The Cool Vest is not an item of heat or flame protective equipment and provides cooling for comfort only.
- Duty cycle: >1000 Cycles.
- Vest material is flame retardant.
- Worn comfortably next to skin and over light-weight fabrics.
- Cools down to 7°C below the ambient temperature.
- The cooling concept works through evaporation - small pockets of polymer dry gel absorbs water which then gradually evaporates and accelerates the cooling cycle for up to 72 hours, subject to ambient temperature, humidity and climatic conditions.
- Water absorption: Approximately 1.25 litres required to activate.
- The Cool Vest becomes lighter as the water evaporates.
- Once deactivated, the gel will return to its original dry form.
- Hand washable with a limited quantity of mild detergent.
- Close fit for optimal cooling.
Fire-Safe.pdf - 525375 kb Download Now